Malpractice insurance in the amount of $1 million occurrence and $3 million aggregate will be provided by EMD.
Reimbursement for the current opportunity will be a flat rate per patient reading. If you are licensed in a state where we need services, we will reach out to you directly based on your submission to share contract details and specific rates based on the state or states. For those who desire to advance further within the company, there is a tiered system as follows:
Complete a minimum of 500 screening exams
Average 9 screenings completed per hour
Participate in at least 2 screening days
Meet standard qualifications including —
- Licensed in at least 2 state(s)
- Consistent 24 hour turnaround on screenings from major machine partner
- Consistent 48 hour turnaround on screening day exams
- All tier one operators will be independently contracted
- Complete at least 96 shift hours
- Provide at least 10 volunteer consults
- Hold at least 5 active state licenses in good standing (or be willing to obtain)
- Complete training for synchronous visits
- Meet identified metrics
- Tier 2 operators may be independently contracted or employed part-time depending on the nature of work requirements
- Undergo Interview process
- Patient satisfaction score of at least 93%
- No escalated patient complaints
- Meet identified metrics
- Tier 3 operators may be independently contracted or employed part time depending on the nature of work requirements
Those who successfully complete all 3 tiers will be given primary consideration for full time salaried positions.
We are seeking ophthalmologists to provide coverage in all 50 states. The cases provided to selected providers for asynchronous reading will come from within a state (or states) where you hold an active license or licenses. This protocol will ensure compliance with current telemedicine laws.
As per the tiered system outlined above, we give preference to those with multiple active state licenses or licenses eligible for reactivation. You must also be board certified. For those who expressed interest who are not yet board certified, feel free to check back after you’ve obtained board certification.
Previous experience in telemedicine is not required. Training will be provided in the use of the software.
Any sub specialty is welcome to apply.
Standardization for Readings
Current recognized standards for diabetic retinopathy screening will be employed and utilized. This will be per American Academy of Ophthalmology and American Telemedicine Association recommendations and distributed (with representative pictures) to each ophthalmologist.
Screenings will begin to be distributed July 25, 2018. Volume will increases quickly and additional readers will be hired as necessary. New opportunities may arise at any moment, so keep a look out for emails from EMD for new opportunities.
Any offer for work as an independent contractor requires signing an NDA. When reaching out to you with an offer, we will present this document for your signature by DocuSign.
Upon submitting your details, if you are licensed in a state or states where we need services, and our review indicates that you’ll be a great candidate, we’ll contact you directly to discuss the opportunity and onboarding.