Salary: TBD based on experience
Required License/Registration/Certification: BSN
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors’ Degree
- 1- 2 years’ experience in clinical care coordination, or care provision; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience as a registered nurse
- Prior exposure to eye care is preferred
The CCC position will serve to close the gap between the originating site and the remote site providers by ensuring smooth hand offs and thorough patient education. The ideal candidate will have an eye for details, be comfortable multi tasking, and be quality/outcomes driven.
Responsible for creating and maintaining processes for assigned projects, conducting telemedicine assessments, assisting with outcomes reporting, participating in outreach programs, and coordinating interdisciplinary care plans. Delivers high quality telemedicine services. The position focuses on, but is not limited to, care of patients’ with acute and chronic eye conditions and associated telemedicine projects/initiatives.
- Oversees implementation of patient care plans. Conducts telemedicine assessments and telephonic evaluations as directed by the supervising eye physician. Assesses patient’s understanding of the care plan and adherence and response to physician recommendations. Provides updates and feedback to the care team based on participant interactions. Suggests modifications to the care plan in collaboration with the physician.
- Develops processes for effective telemedicine clinical consultations as well as internal organizational telemedicine policies and procedures as necessary. Collaborates with physicians and allied health care professionals both internally and externally. Maintains ongoing education with respect to the field of telemedicine and incorporating national and/or provincial telemedicine resources into EMD’s specific activities.
- Promotes telemedicine to healthcare professionals, patients and the community. Advocates for resources to support the development of telemedicine and contributes to the establishment of initiatives to further promotion of telemedicine care and research.
- Assists in preparation for EMD telemedicine events as needed.
- Responsible for developing expertise in the use and care of equipment associated with the projects and troubleshooting minor technical problems.
- Other duties as needed.